Monday, September 27, 2004

Belgrade

I've just spent the past six hours in a Belgrade Internet cafe, updating the blog and chatting on IRC.

Rob met me at the train station. I still feel horrible about what happened.

He had meetings on Wednesday that he changed to Monday in order to get me at the station as I was supposed to arrive Wednesday.

Since I didn't hear anything from him last night when we messaged him with the new travel plans, I assumed either the situation was fine or he just wouldn't show up.

He was there at 5:30 am to give me my money. He told me he had to run back to his apartment to sleep so I was on my own in Belgrade.

I felt horrible.

It's dark and rainy. I had no idea what to do as I have all my luggage with me.

So I did what any normal traveller would do. I got some delicious burec and then got a taxi to an internet cafe. The driver ripped me off. I called him on it and he denied it but I was so tired that I just didn't care.

I just did the currency exchange and I paid him $17.00 for a 10 minute taxi drive. I *knew* it.

So it's 12:50 pm and I've been here since 6:00 am.

It's still raining and I have about 40 lbs of luggage with me so exploring the city is out of the question. My train leaves in less than three hours so I guess I'll stay here until it's time to go back home.

Another 5 hours and 31 minutes of train travel to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home