Thursday, September 23, 2004

Thursday

I woke up feeling quite well. I was sure I would be deadly hungover. I dressed and went downstairs. I just felt weak so I only had a tea.

The group was supposed to go on an all-day field trip to visit a village by the Greek border. As much as I would have liked to have gone, 3.5 hours of travelling there and 3.5 hours of travelling back just wasn't for me. And by then, I started felling quite sick again, so I opted to stay at the hotel.

Cem also decided to stay. I went to his room and slept in his roomate's bed. We slept, woke up, talked, slept, woke up, talked, slept, talked, slept, talked. We had so much fun! It was almost pleasurable to be sick because we got along so well! We both love the same music and the same countries. He's from Ankara and I can't wait to see him in December as he'll be at the same conference as me.

We went out for a walk in the mountains. It was a beautiful day but we were both still quite weak so we were only out for an hour.

When the others came home, we played Mafia. Mafia is possibly one of the stupidest but also one of the funniest games I have ever played.

You need about five or more people and a deck of cards. There must be one face card and the rest are ordinary numbered ones. Everyone chooses a card and keeps it secret. Whoever draws the face card is the assassin and it's their job to "kill" the other players. The citizens have to figure out who the Mafia is and assassinate them.

Anyone can start and can accuse anyone for any reason. "I accuse Pascal because he's French". And then Pascal has to defend himself. Everyone votes on whether to kill or spare the person. Majority rules. Some people got really into it. "Please don't kill me. I'm a poor mountain girl who was sold at an early age by my father to a slave trader for eight camels. Do you really want to add to my misery? For the love of God, spare my life!"

Very very fun indeed. I will definitely be bringing it back to Canada with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home