Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Na-No-Blog-Mo

Blogspot has a promo going on called NaNoBlogMo.

National Novel Blog Month or something like that. I'm too lazy to re-read the fine print.

Basically, you write a novel in 30 days.

A novel = 50,000 words.

Should I do it? There's always tonnes more I want to write about what I'm seeing, hearing and feeling in Romania but I'm afraid it'll be too wordy and people will get lost.

I just finished Balkan Ghosts and I'm inspired.

Problem is that I've been writing every day in this blog for the past 3 months or so and I'm only up to 35,000 words. And I'm going to Italy in two weeks for ten days.

Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Karla!
I say you go for it. If you don't finish it in time, then so what? You said that you wanted to write more about what your experiences are like, so do it, and if it happens to hit the right amount of words before the end of a month, then submit it! There have been so many times I've wanted to write about experiences in the countries I've been in, and I didn't for one reason or another, but it's a very good way to keep record of things you'll want to read about again somewhere down the road. :) dooooo it :)
Mariko

10:05 a.m., October 20, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home