Friday, November 26, 2004

Glorious food

Here I present my two favourite things in Romania. Dots and Finetti Sticks.

I've blogged about Dots before. Dots is possibly the most perfect food combination ever to grace our fair planet.

It's a stick of branza (basically a milk derivative similar to what happens when you squeeze the whey out of yogurt, or lumpy cream cheese, or pureed thick cottage cheese) covered in chocolate. Perfection.

And Finetti Sticks are like our Piroulines, but much cheaper. One package costs about $0.25.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i have to tell you, that Dots is not a romanian food.. in matter of fact it's a hungarian traditional sweet. It's called "Turos Rudi", and Romanians have copied it from Hungarians. Ask Peter, he'll agree with me. :)
tucike

4:21 p.m., December 02, 2004  
Blogger Karla said...

Yeah, everyone keeps telling me that Dots are Hungarian. Apparently they're even better tasting in Hungary and you can get all sorts of exotic flavours.

I'm going to Budapest in three weeks. I'll stop up when I'm there!

Too bad we don't have the right cheese in Canada or I'd try to make them at home.

9:32 a.m., December 03, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home