Monday, December 20, 2004

Arad

Saturday night, we went to Arad. Three hot girls, one car and one city. We were driving down the main drag when we passed a police van. The policemen inside craned their necks to see who was in our car. We had a good laugh and then sped off.

A few minutes later, they were following us. Seriously following us. We stopped to take some pictures of famous monuments so they drove off. We went to a dance club but it was quite expensive to get into. So we went to another one.

I asked the bouncer if I could peak in to see what it was like inside before we paid the entrance fee. This is a normal thing in every other country I've been in. He grunted and let me in. Although I didn't hear it, my friends told me later that he mumbled "I bet bouncers don't let you do this in Canada" which really pissed me off. The club seemed kind of cool, like it was in a mall of some sort, and people were dancing in the halls between shops. The music was so loud that I felt sick, so we decided to go elsewhere.

We ended up at a little pub which played Air all night. I was happy. We got spiced wine and we were the only girls there. The guys at two tables opposite us kept staring at us all night. Just as we were about to leave, another group of guys came in. We left and were walking through the parking lot when one of the guys ran out and asked if we'd like to have a drink with he and his friends. I was tired, my girlfriends were tired, but we thought they had a bet going on, and we didn't want to see the guys lose a bet, so we went in.

They were all 23. My girlfriends are 28 and 29 respectively, but they lied and said they were 23 also. We had a great time. The guys were cute, funny and polite. I sat next to a young lawyer and we talked politics all night. He was very charming. One of the guys had studied in Sweden and we talked a bit in Swedish. Another guy decided to help me with my Romanian pronounciation so I read off the back of a cigarette package.

At the end, they asked for our phone numbers.

New Year's Resolution: stop giving my phone number to strange Romanian guys.
However, it's not New Year's yet, so I don't have to worry about that until January 1 (although I never said anything about strange Portuguese guys!)

One of the guys insisted on coming with us. My friend told him "Oh, by the way, I'm not 23. I'm 29". You should have seen the look on his face. He looked like he wanted to jump out of the car. She asked him sweetly "But you will call me,, right?" He said he would.

Driving home, we saw the policemen again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home