Monday, December 20, 2004

Crăciun Fericit.

Well, I'm off. Leaving Wednesday morning for London. Today I have a whole laundry list of things to do (including, surprise surprise, laundry).

I'm trying to see all my friends one last time before I go. I got to talk to my friend Lana (fellow IR student from university), who is studying/interning in Ecuador. I guess I realised how I take feeling safe for granted. She and her friend were robbed in the middle of Quito. Five guys surrounded them, choked them, stole all their money, cards, cell phones and electronics. Lana had 500 pictures on her digital camera. I wanted to cry when she told me what happened. Her credit card has already been used seven times but luckily, she has insurance.

She's staying though. I don't think I could do that. She told me that things like that happen back home too, so she's just going to forget about it and move on. I admire her!

Happy holidays everyone. Thanks for reading, and I'll be back next year with tonnes more ro-mania and salacious stories.

Eat a sweet potato for me. I miss them.

Crăciun Fericit!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O-Zone hits America.

No profanity. Work safe. (Quick shot of guy flipping the bird)

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/dudelipsync.html

12:41 p.m., December 20, 2004  
Blogger Tücike said...

happy holidays for you!
I see you found my blog. Hope you don't mind, that i have a link to your's, but i really enjoy reading you. I am from Timisoara, and it's fun to see, how a stranger discovers life in romania, life, that's so normal to me. And of course i love the tons of pictures. (i actually never went to the Piata Operei on 1st December, and i was pleased to see your pictures and description of events. at least i didn't miss out everything)
About the Dots in Hungary: the one that says: Turo Rudi - A pottyos az igazi (that means, it's the real one) - is really the first one, so the original. And i think it is the best one. I am thrilled, that now they make it with white chocholate too. i have to go over and buy some.
And about hair-straighteners: you could've found those here too. :))
SO have a good time home!
by

2:04 p.m., December 20, 2004  
Blogger p.p. said...

Have an awesome Holiday. Take care!

2:41 p.m., December 20, 2004  
Blogger Francis S. said...

Hey Karla. You have quite a nice website yourself. And, of course, it's no problem to link to me if you wish...

12:50 p.m., December 21, 2004  
Blogger bava said...

Happy Holidays! Have an awesome Christmas and New Years. See ya in '05 :)

- bava

9:11 p.m., December 21, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home