Thursday, June 02, 2005

Dance recital

Two weeks ago, they had a children's dance recital in Piata Unirii. I saw Sandu, the teacher with whom I worked from CNB ([local high school] locals will know what I mean) in the crowd. His daughter was performing and she looked absolutely beautiful.

I asked if the costumes were hand-made family originals, but no, they were rented.

I loved the perfomance. We don't have anything like this at home. We can take hip hop dance, highland dance and ballet (although I doubt groups of French people dress up in traditional costumes to dance the ballet with each other). I wish good old New Brunswick had traditional dances (maybe the Acadians do, but I'm not sure). Cristi told me that he knows traditional dances and Nelu even demonstrated some for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home