Saturday, July 16, 2005

Leaving

We found someone to take the apartment!

This means that:
a) I get out of my lease
b) I get some rent money back!

They want the place on Tuesday, which works out perfectly! I'll stay with the Frenchies for a few days and then I'm off.

I called Austrian Air, and they have a ticket home on July 23rd, next Saturday. I presently have a ticket home on August 12th.

Do I stay? Do I leave?

I spent the afternoon chatting to my friend Bulent in Goreme, who has graciously invited me to stay with him (what did I say about Turkish hospitality?). We became friends when I was in Cappadocia last time and kept in touch. He just bought a hotel and wants me to make a website for him, help him with English publicity, etc etc. Also, my good friend Jenny will be staying in Ankara with her boyfriend, which will be nice.

Bulent told me if I come, I am invited to a traditional Turkish wedding ceremony. Apparently, they last four days!

Before talking to him, I was 65% sure I would come. Now I'm 95% sure!

If I go, I would Balkan Flexipass it to Belgrade, see Srjan, then head to Sofia to see Rob again. I miss him! Then take the night train to Istanbul. Bulent is even considering coming to get me in Istanbul, which would be wonderful!

I have my tickets held until Monday, but I think my decision has been made!

And I'd still be able to continue blogging from Turkey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home