Friday, September 24, 2004

Friday

Friday was pretty uneventful. We did our activities and that was that. We had to talk about identity and what constitutes European citizenship. I talked about how European citizenship to me means about a shared common history. Canada is made up of so many nationalities and cultures and we have nothing old or historical (in my opinion). The others talked about how Europeans share the same goals and values.

We wanted to have a special Friday evening so we had a bonfire outside the lodge. It reminded me so much of home. All that was missing were marshmallows.

David and I spent most of the evening together. He's a wonderful singer and we sat singing French songs. The only one we both knew was Damian Saez's "Jeune et Con". I told him he should try out for Star Academy.

We went for a walk, still singing. We jokingly sang Gainsbourg's and Birkin's "Je t'aime (moi non plus)", overemphasising the lyrics. It's basically sex set to music. "Je t'aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime" "Moi non pluuuuuuuuuuuuuuus" "Oooooooooh, mon amouuuuuuuuuuuur" "Comme la vaaaaaaague, irresoluuuuuuuuuue".

Afterwards, everyone went to the disco. Francesca (the Italian representative) and I were the only females so we had fun dancing with everyone. They played partly normal dance music and partly Bulgarian dance music.

I like Bulgarian dance music. I really do. It's like Tatu with Bulgarian lyrics.

Vlad and I recreated our special Slavic ballet which was basically us acting like idiots on the dancefloor. Momir spun me around until I thought I would be sick. Peter and I danced to "In da Club". Nuno proved why Latin men are considered the best dancers.

Back at the lodge, it was Mafia for another two hours. I finally crawled into bed at 4:30 am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home