Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Christmas

Christmas is gonna be here in a little more than two months. Not being religious, I don't really have anything to celebrate. However, Christmas = vacations. So, where should I take mine?

I want to go some place warm, cheap and preferably some place I haven't seen before during the holiday season. That leaves out Sweden, Denmark, France, Belgium, Italy and the Balkans.

I was thinking either Dubrovnik in Croatia, Spain or maybe Portugal, with preferably a stop in Strasbourg along the way.

Growing up in eastern Canada, I haven't known a Christmas without snow. Even Christmas in Milan was cold and windy. I wouldn't mind experiencing beach weather on December 25 or a dish of paella and gaspacho instead of turkeys and cranberries.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again,

I think Spain and Portugal sound good, with particular attention to Ibiza if you want to party over Xmas (I hear that's what you go there for) plus if you're going to Portugal, you should go to the Acores. (I'm bias though because that's where half of Nathan's family is from..I've seen pictures though and it's beautiful) :)
Mariko

10:23 a.m., October 20, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Don't be belittling cranberries!

2:20 a.m., October 21, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home