Monday, March 14, 2005

Maggi

Maggi (a subsidiary of Nestle) is having an avertising campaign. Basically, if the Maggi car (probably something like the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile) sees your window with the Maggi logo in it (conveniently available on every package of Maggi foods), you win 1000 euros instantly.

I joked to my friend Cipri that Maggi is the real winner here. Timisoara's windows are covered with the Maggi logo. Maggi gets free advertising from 60% of the city's inhabitants and someone gets 1000 euros. Probably a lot cheaper than a billboard. Not a bad trade-off from their perspective. Well...I guess more than one person will get 1000 euros, but seeing the red and yellow label on every window is quite garish.

The commercial pisses me off too. I only saw it once, but that was enough. A mother helps her son put the logo on the window and then magically below, the Maggi man appears in the driveway.

Maybe I'm just jealous because I'm leaving before I can win 1000 euros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home