Wednesday, June 08, 2005

More perverted cat names

The other cat on my floor is named "Poupie".

So Pussy and Poopy.

My neighbours are perverts.

I can't wait to meet the parakeets "Pipi" and "Boubie" (or "peepee" and "boobie").

Incidentally, I'm becoming quite familiar with the animals in my apartment. There's Lolita ("Lola") the dog on the main floor, who always comes up to be patted whenever she seems me. She's a scruffy, mangy looking thing, but who can argue with a warm wet tongue?

Guess I'm the pervert now.

There are some poodles on the fourth floor. I don't like poodles as a general rule and these ones are no different. The white one seems to have a permanent erection and I'm just waiting for it to try to hump the brown one. It also makes me realise how used I am to seeing neutered dogs. Dog testicles make me giggle like a schoolgirl, and since nearly every male dog is neutered at home, it's been a while since I saw a "true" male dog.

There are a pair of cats on the second floor. These cats are pure evil. I'm not a cat person and these make me hate cats even more. Skinny, dirty white with grey patches, big pointed ears, these are Satan cats, if there was such a thing. Not only will they not let me pet them, but they meow and howl all the time.

I like affectionate cats, not antisocial cats who spend their days on the windowsill, miaowing at me when I walk past.

The mother cat recently gave birth to kittens. Whenever I come down the stairs, the cats glare at me. I glare back. Sometimes, depending on my mood, I will stare at them for a minute or two to unleash the full extent of my wrath towards these beasts.

Speaking of animals, I paid a visit to my former neighbours in Bucovina. Apparently, there's been a series of dog killings in the past few months. A neighbourhood dog was found decapitated. I asked who could do such a thing. No one knows. I suggested Satanists, and they immediately agreed with me, saying that Satanists had killed these dogs. As a joke, I suggested the Roma doing it, just to see what they would answer. "Yes, it's definitely the gypsies. Satanic gypsies are killing the dogs!"

6 Comments:

Blogger (S)wine said...

wait, wait....affectionate cats? contradiction of terms.

i love the anti-social ones. love them.

3:49 p.m., June 08, 2005  
Blogger Tücike said...

affectionate cats exist.. i mean cats are sometimes affectionate. when they want to be.. rarely.. but sometimes.
oh, and i had a cat named Karcsi - it's Charles in hungarian.. it's always better then booby and pussy and peepee. )

Nice apartment. but too much animals there, don't you think ??

5:51 a.m., June 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Karla!

Sorry I haven't written you or left a comment on this site for a long time, things have been pretty insane for me lately. Those animal names are priceless!! LOL, I absolutely love little cultural or language differences like that which a person wouldn't normally pick up on, unless they lived somewhere. Thats hilarious though, you have a wide selection of names to be woken up with, not just 'pousie' anymore! :) The apartment pictures are great, I really like the look of that closed in porch/eating area thing...as well as your personal touches, of course :) Are you still homesick? :( I hope not..I could send a lobster if you'd like :) I really want to come visit you! It's too bad that we're not moving somewhere in Europe next or that would be really easy. Hope you're doing well and hope to hear from you soon!
Take care,
Mariko

9:48 a.m., June 09, 2005  
Blogger Karla said...

I like playful cats, not those sly ones who rub up against you in an attempt to see how much hair they can transfer from their bodies to yours.

Seriously, these cats are butt-ugly.

And Mariko, I'm expecting that lobster. No one sent me a sweet potato at Christmas (even though I begged and begged for weeks), but a lobster will do nicely. You can barely even get fish here and I have yet to see a lobster. So yes, I want a fresh NB lobster courriered to my door ASAP.

And Andrew, I started meowing at them when I walked past. It annoys them. This delights me.

11:27 a.m., June 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remeber any begging for sweet potato. I would have sent you one if you had asked ....

Sarah

10:25 p.m., June 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Karla, you can't receive any kind of food from Canada: neither lobsters nor sweet potatoes. They'd stop it at the customs office...

:-(

1:46 p.m., June 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home