Monday, January 10, 2005

Edward Monkton

When I was in London, I discovered and fell in love with the drawings of Edward Monkton.

Edward Monkton is a god, that's all I can say.

I could not stop smiling when I saw his Christmas cards. They're bright, cheerful and oh so funny. I ended up buying a pack, which was the only reason I would spend four British pounds on cards.

Here is a selection of his non-Christmassy stuff.
This is his website.

You can't argue with characters like the "Potato of Doom", "The Ninja Biscuits" and the "Shoe of Salvation". Please just go and see for yourself.

His email address was on his website, so I wrote and told him how much I enjoyed his drawings. He wrote me back a few minutes later.

"Thank you for your delightful message, Karla.

How kind of you to write.

Very best wishes,

Edward."

Awwww!

1 Comments:

Blogger p.p. said...

keep emailing him; you may have just found your EU citizenship!

(Assuming he is British, of course.)

1:58 p.m., January 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home