Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Immigration

I should open a consulting service for Romanians who want to immigrate to Canada.

I am helping my friend Cornel with finding information about New Brunswick and tonight, I'm meeting Simona, a friend of Cristi's, for a discussion about Canada.

I don't know how good of a spokesperson I am. After all, I've lived in four countries in four years and all my friends are aware of my desperate plan to live permanently in Europe. I love Canada and I'm glad to be Canadian, but I think there's too much of the world out there to live in one place.

Kind of ironic, but I've been to almost every country capital in Europe, Washington DC...and I have yet to visit Ottawa. I have also failed to go more west than Toronto.

Anyways, I like Romanians, and if I can attract more to New Brunswick (instead of Quebec or Ontario), then I will be happy.

Maybe they could even make me zacusca back home. Or finally reveal the secret of Dots.

5 Comments:

Blogger (S)wine said...

Karla, can you try to find out where I can get a copy of Mesterul Manole translated in English, please? I've tried everywhere. Search Engines don't have anything.

3:58 p.m., June 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The O-zone group is romanian or moldavian?
:)

6:39 p.m., June 28, 2005  
Blogger Karla said...

LX: Gonna check here for you!

Junkie: They're Moldovan (Moldavian? Can someone explain the difference?), but sing in Romanian (aka "Moldovan language"). They said they're marketed towards the Romanian market, but *are* from the Republic of Moldova.

5:03 a.m., June 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karla: I've noticed that English speaking people refer to the Eastern region of Romania (adjacent to the Republic of M.) as "Moldavia" and to the aforementioned republic, "Moldova". (In order to distinguish them perhaps)
However, we in Romania call them both Moldova.

5:40 a.m., June 29, 2005  
Blogger (S)wine said...

right. in romania they're both Moldova. I've noticed, too, that people refer to the region in Rom. as Moldavia, and to the country as Moldova.

2:11 p.m., June 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home