Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I'm off (again)

Everything is packed. I honestly don't know how I managed to accumulate so much stuff.

I came with a huge suitcase full of clothes, a big bag full of toilettries, a bookbag with books and a carry-on bag with my laptop and various other small objects.

I gave away two big bags of clothes in April for the flood victims. I threw out two pairs of boots. The laptop is gone, the toilettries used up, most of the books are staying in Romania...

So why do I have so much stuff?

My suitcase is packed to exploding, my big bag (currently full) is being used for this weekend, and I was given an enormous sports bag, which is also full. My bookbag has books, and my carry-on has all my souvenirs. I can only check two bags and take two small bags on the plane. I have *no* idea what I'm going to do...

I surrender my apartment today and am staying with the Frenchies tonight. My train for Belgrade leaves at 6:34 am tomorrow morning. Only in Romania can you spend 4.5 hours travelling 175 km.

I'm spending the day in Belgrade, hopefully with Srjan and lots of burek, and then it's off to Sofia for a weekend with Rob. On Sunday, I'll tae the night train to Istanbul where Bulent will hopefully meet me and we'll drive to Goreme together.

I'll spent almost two weeks in Cappadocia, and then it's an absolute trip from hell back:
10 hours in a bus from Goreme to Istanbul
17 hours in a train from Istanbul to Bucharest
12 hours in a train from Bucharest to Timisoara

Spend one night in Timisoara and get all my luggage, and say one last goodbye to everyone. Then head to Arad to see Krisztina, and then get the 10 hour train to Vienna. Luckily, I have an evening flight, so I don't have to worry about getting a hotel the night before. The flight home is 9 hours.

Turns out Rob's flight from London arrives at the same time as mine and we're talking about meeting up for a few days in Toronto. Could be interesting, especially since my flight home isn't until the next day anyways.

Why do I do this to myself? That's right, I like travelling.

Now I'm starting to look forward to going home. Got in touch with an old friend who's staying in the city, and she's getting me all excited. Most of my friends have left Timisoara, I've said my goodbyes, and now it's time to say my hellos back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home