Monday, September 26, 2005

Ma Ya Hi

Of course it had to happen.

I downloaded my beloved Dan Balan's English version of Dragostea Din Tei.

My verdict?

It sucks. Well...sucks enough that I won't be burning it on a CD to play as I drive down Main Street (nothing like playing Romanian pop to counteract all the Tupac and Wu-Tang that everyone else plays here).

The chorus is catchy though:

"When you leave, my colors fade to gray
I need a love to stay or
All my colors fade away.
Every word of love I used to say
Now I paint it everyday"

It just doesn't have that...joyfullness that made the original that good. Kind of like when Hollywood tries to remake Canadian independent movies.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice site ;) cri
www.uboot.com/u/amoresiempre

4:51 p.m., December 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home