Friday, October 29, 2004

Kareoke

I met Cristi and friends for kareoke.

a) Most of the singers there were professionals
b) They really seem to like Canadians! They did about 5 Celine Dion - Shania Twain songs in a row!

That really discouraged me from getting up there to sing. So I decided that I would be the official photographer and took pictures of everyone else singing.

And they didn't even have O-Zone! Luckily, the music selection was a lot better than George's Road House. I almost requested Avril Lavigne's "Complicated" because I sound like her when I sing. Well, I do when I sing "Sk8r Boi".

My friend Cosmin, a volunteer at the institute, was in town and called me. I hadn't seen him in over a month so I I was excited to see him. He stopped by the club with his friend Havi from Spain and another guy whose name I can't remember. I was tired, but we decided to go to Gulliver's for a few minutes. Once again, we saw the InOut people and got our pictures online.

Havi was very curious about Romanian strip clubs and insisted we visit one. We went to the same club as before. I sat in the middle of the two guys on the couch. Immediately, two girls came over and started trying to talk to the guys. Cosmin bought one of the girls a drink. Havi had his arm around me and completely ignored the girl. Maybe it was because he doesn't speak English or Romanian. The girl asked if he would buy her a drink and he said "no!" loudly and then turned his back to her and started talking to me. The whole episode made me laugh. She stalked off.

I was official translator for the night. My Spanish is only marginally better than my Romanian. I'm constantly mixing it up with my Italian. I know my verbs in present tense, but can't do future or past tenses. Poor Havi could barely understand me, but that's ok, because I could barely understand him either! We had a lot of fun trying to communicate together. At least Cosmin speaks good English!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home