Thursday, October 28, 2004

Ozone - Despre Tine

I'm obsessed with this song. It's in Romanian and I can only sing along to a few lines because the singers sing so fast. Every so often, my coworkers will hear me warble out "Ma inec in ochii tai, la-lul-la-la-lei" or "Nu raspunsi la SMS" which are pretty much the only two lines I can pronounce.

I got another volunteer, Adriana, to translate me the lyrics. Since Romanians already know the song and everyone else can't understand Romanian, here's our English translation:

I wake up with you in my mind
I want to sing about you
My love song
That everybody likes

You didn't respond to my SMS
I wrote you so often
Maybe I did something wrong
But you should know that I did love you

I drown in your eyes (lalalala)
The world is crying after your eyes (lalalala)
You're an angel on Earth (lalalalala)
I sing about you day and night

If you go with me in dreams
I will teach you how to laugh

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that song sucks ass!
- the king of denmark

3:18 a.m., October 29, 2004  
Blogger Karla said...

Of course it sucks ass! That's why I like it!

And compared to some of the other crap that's on the radio *cough* Britney Spears *cough*, it could almost be considered normal.

4:08 a.m., October 29, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want Aqua back,
you know I'm a huge fan of them.
- the king of denmark

4:32 a.m., October 29, 2004  
Blogger Karla said...

Aqua is a lot of fun. Reminds me of being back in high school. Euro dance pop rules. Have you heard Toyboxx or Tarzan and Jane?

O-Zone still rules!

Who's the king of Denmark? Troniu?

I looove Denmark. I went there almost every weekend when I was living in Sweden.

7:52 a.m., October 29, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karla, it's me Rasmus.
I wrote the above comments.

And just for the record O-zone sucks about as much ass as Aqua did.

9:08 a.m., October 29, 2004  
Blogger Karla said...

Hahah!

There's a Romanian who's living in Copenhagen who linked to this site. I thought he was you!

Aqua is fun! Brings back good memories!

You love Aqua! You've told me several times.

(rasmus) I love Aqua. I want to marry Lene!

Although I have to admit, I've only heard of Toy Box and Tarzan and Jane from my days in Sweden.

And O-Zone rules. I'm going to kareoke tonight and I'm making a special request for "Despre Tine". Hopefully no fat drunk woman will attack me like she did you!

10:24 a.m., October 29, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home