Friday, January 21, 2005

Georgia

My dear, wonderful beloved colleague wrote a nice letter to the Georgia leaders, telling them I would be an ideal candidate for the conference.

An hour later, we get an email back. The application form that I got was for a contact making seminar. Basically, you meet other people in your field, discuss issues, make plans for future projects, etc etc. Twenty people were supposed to participate.

They told me I could take part! That's the good news. The bad news is that it doesn't seem to be a contact-making seminar. The purpose is to create a women's rights network.

Now I have to decide what to do:
a) I could go to Georgia and take part in the conference
b) My boss is keen that I go to represent the institution
c) I could offer to pay my own way so someone else can go as well.

If I *do* go, I'd have to take the train/bus/whatever from Ankara in the middle of Turkey to Tbilisi, in Eastern Georgia which would cut down on the cost.

Have I mentioned that Georgia shares a border with Chechnya? I'm definitely up for the adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home