Thursday, June 30, 2005

Cooking

I was at Billa yesterday pricing things for the Canada Day party.

Kind of hard to make a cheesecake when you can't find a single ingredient.

Well, I found the butter. That's it.

I found spreadable cream cheese, but no packages. No icing sugar, Jell-O, graham crackers or Cool Whip.

I didn't know what to expect. I don't eat any of those things on a regular basis so I didn't know what I could find.

I suppose I could crumble some cookies and use that. Hmm...

I found oatmeal and nachos (not tortilla chips like I wanted, but close enough), so I decided on a menu:

a) Caesar salad
b) Some other salad (I will make special dressings)
c) Nachos and dip
d) Baked nachos
e) Macaroons
f) Maybe cheesecake

While I was walking down the aisle, I glanced at the advertising television that was set up. Ironically, in the middle of a big wave of homesickness, they were showing Just For Laughs. They had that little green monster-thingie running around. I stopped in the middle of the aisle, my mouth hanging open, my eyes like saucers.

The episode was quite funny, kind of Candid Camera-esque, taking place on an escalator outside a Sears store in Montreal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home