Thursday, July 21, 2005

Blogging from Belgrade

That was one of the nicest train rides ever.

I fell promptly asleep and was only woken up when the customes, duty control, passport control, ticket persons a, b and c and the drug guy came into the car.

Of course, Srjan was late. He apparently sent an sms warning me, but due to te fact that we're an hour ahead of Serbia and I don't have roaming, I never got it.

I promptly got some burek. Mmm...burek. Then I decided to wander around the train station and people watch. I saw a young couple from Austria trying to buy a phone card. Maud gave me her phone card when she came back from Serbia the last time, so I let them use it. Unfortunately, the number they wanted to reach didn't work.

We started discussing travelling and they're off to Romania soon: Arad, Cluj and Baia Mare. I told them to skip Arad and go straight to Timisoara. The train goes through Timisoara anyways, so I hope they stop off in town!

Belgrade weather is like the weather back home. Wait five minutes and it will change. It started out blistering hot and I didn't change since this morning. We went to the new Orthodox churc because Srjan wanted to show me a great view of the city. Unfortunately, the workmen caught us trying to sneak upstairs and told us the balcony was off limits. Boo.

The weather turned cold and it looked like it was about to rain. We wanted to go for a walk, so headed for the lake in the middle of the city. By now, the sun was out again and I felt my skin charring.

Everyone was walking around in a bikini top. "What the heck" I thougt, and took my shirt off. I was wearing a snap in the front black bra that looked like a bikini top anyways. No one gave me a second glance.

We ended up walking by a nude beach. Mostly men, standing around with their todgers hanging out.

Srjan had to go visit his family for an hour (and is late, of course). My train leaves in two hours. I can't wait to see Rob again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home