Thursday, June 30, 2005

Cooking part #2

I think I was pissing Cristi off this morning, complaining about all the foods I can't get here.

And asking "can you get X food here?"

On a good note, you can't get a lot of the uberfattening, processed foods that are readily available at home (and that I don't eat anyways).

I was thinking back to the rows and rows of commercial salad dressings.

And I can't even get Dijonnaise here.

And it's hard to describe what I want. How do you describe graham cracker crumbs? Or graham crackers, for that matter?

Anyways, I know I'm going to have reverse culture shock when I go home.

"What do you mean I can't get zacusca here? Oh, the humanity..."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want graham crackers try looking for "biscuiti digestivi". They had that at one store in Bucharest at least. I think you're more likely to find such "exotic" food at large stores such as Metro.

Good Luck!

6:22 a.m., July 04, 2005  
Blogger Karla said...

Yeah, I wanted to go to Metro or Selgros but I didn't have time. Not to mention no public transportation there. I'll make a pilgrimage again before I head home. I have to share the delightful delicacy of cheesecake with Romanians before I go home!

6:52 a.m., July 04, 2005  
Blogger Alina said...

You can find "biscuiti digestivi" in any Vel Pitar shop. And in a lot of other places, you just have to ask. But Vel Pitar are among the best and they are always fresh.

As for zacusca, good luck living without it! :)

11:50 p.m., September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home